Having great skin, requires a regular routine of deep cleansing and moisturizing. Using natural ingredients from your kitchen pantry, like Rooibos, avocado and honey to make a DIY face mask will save you the cost of an expensive salon treatment and give you the same results.
Rooibos, Honey and Avocado face mask
- 1 tablespoon of mashed avocado
- 1 tablespoon of plain full-fat yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 50ml of strong Rooibos tea (cooled down)
Tip: you can add a teaspoon of lemon juice which will stop the avo from oxidizing and turning brown
Mix all the ingredients together and apply to skin. Leave on for 15 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm Rooibos water.
- Rooibos contains strong antioxidants that help protect the skin from environmental factors including pollution and UV damage
- It has anti-allergic properties to soothe irritated skin
- Anti-inflammatory properties to calm skin and help fight acne
- It is a natural antioxidant
- It has anti-bacterial properties to help fight acne
- Fats in avocado provide moisturizing properties to moisturize the skin
- It is rich in vitamins and minerals and will help nourish the skin
- Contains lactic acid which helps smooth skin and refines pores